We all love turkey from the holidays but what do you do with all the leftovers? If you have tonnes of turkey in your freezer – give these 3 recipes a try!!
Turkey Bacon & Feta Frittata Ingredients:
– 3/4 cup Turkey, diced
– 1/4 cup Bacon, crumbled
– 4 Eggs
– 1 Tbsp Heavy whipping cream
– 1 Tbsp Butter
– 1/2 cup Vegetables of choice, riced (I used a pre-bought blend of broccoli, kale and zucchini) – 2 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled – Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Sauté the vegetables, bacon and turkey in a medium pan using the butter.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and heavy whipping cream in a bowl and season with salt & pepper to taste.
3. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook until mostly set.
4. Top with the feta cheese the place a lid on top to fully cook.
Turkey Club Sandwich on a Classic Chaffle:
– 2 Classic chaffle buns
– 2-3 slices Turkey breast
– 2-3 slices Bacon
– 1-2 Tbsp of Avocado Mayo
– 1 inner leaf of Romain lettuce
– 2 slices of Tomato
Turkey Club Sandwich Instructions:
1. Pre-make your chaffle buns in a mini-waffle maker (see below).
2. Assemble all of the sandwich ingredients on the chaffle buns.
Classic Chaffle Bun Ingredients:
– 1 egg, whisked
– 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded Chaffle
1. Preheat the mini waffle maker.
2. Add 1/4 of the shredded mozzarella (~ 2 Tbsp) and allow to start to melt.
3. Pour in half of the whisked egg.
4. Add 1/4 of the shredded mozzarella cheese to the top and close the lid.
5. Cook until the bun is browned and there is no longer steam escaping. 6. Repeat the process for the second chaffle bun.
Below are the ingredients I used in my last batch of turkey soup. Truthfully, everytime I make soup it is different based on what ingredients I have on hand. Use your favourite vegetables and/or pull things out of our freezer to use up. The beautiful thing with soup is that it is so different and delicious every time!
Turkey Soup Ingredients:
– 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
– 4 stalks Celery, chopped
– 2 Onions, diced
– 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
– 2 cups diced Tomatoes
– 1/2 cup Pumpkin puree
– 1 10 oz. bag of Riced Cauliflower
– 1/2 cup Frozen Spinach, thawed
– 4 cups Turkey, diced
– 1 cup Turkey gravy
– 8-10 cups Turkey bone broth (See my last video linked below on how to make bone broth!)
– 2 Tbsp Savoury (or poultry seasoning)
– 1 Tbsp Monkfruit
– 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
– 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
– 1 tsp Oregano
Turkey Soup Instructions:
1. Sauté your aromatic vegetables (onion, celery, garlic) in a large soup pot in the avocado oil until translucent.
2. Add the turkey broth and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for a least 30 minutes to incorporate the flavours.
4. Be sure to taste the soup to make sure that the flavours are balanced. Adjust as needed for seasoning.
5. Serve and enjoy!** ** I always find that homemade soup is WAY better leftover. If possible make ahead the day before.